Share The Season With Others
During the holiday season one of the best ways to help people in need is through the Share the Season Program. Now in its 14th year, Share the Season is a joint effort of The Salvation Army, The Wichita Eagle and the Wichita Community Foundation.
A few quick facts about Share the Season (STS):
- STS is a special program providing help and hope to the working poor during the holiday season.
- Families who do not qualify for other indigent programs apply for assistance and are screened carefully by the Salvation Army personnel to verify needs.
- Each family can receive one time assistance for needs such as utilities, food, paying medical bills, etc.
- Payments are made directly to vendors, such as the bank, utility company, the doctor.
- Each dollar donated by the public is gifted 100% back to those in need in the community.
- Last year, the people of Wichita donated nearly $250,000.
- Collaborative effort of the Wichita Eagle, the Salvation Army and the Wichita Community Foundation.
- Best way possible to get charitable donations directly to those in need.
- Last year, every family that applied for STS assistance and qualified was helped.
- Wichita Eagle donates ad space and runs daily stories on families in need.
- The Wichita Community Foundation handles all donations and issues receipts to all who contribute.
- STS works in the best possible way, reaching those in need and encouraging our community to be charitable.
- Program began in 2000, raising $72,069.59 and helping 100 families the first year.
- Total, 2,700 families have been helped with $2.1 million in donated funds since its inception!
- Download a PDF application for assistance.