Share The Season With Others
During the holiday season, one of the best ways to help people in need is through the Share the Season program. A 15-year program, Share the Season is a joint effort of The Salvation Army, The Wichita Eagle and the Wichita Community Foundation.
A record $258,000 was raised to help Wichitans in 2013.
A few quick facts about Share the Season (STS):
- STS is a special program providing help and hope to the working poor during the holiday season.
- Families who do not qualify for other indigent programs apply for assistance and are screened carefully by the Salvation Army personnel to verify needs.
- Each family can receive one-time assistance for needs such as utilities, paying medical bills, etc.
- Payments are made directly to vendors, such as the bank, utility company, the doctor.
- Each dollar donated by the public is gifted 100% back to those in need in the community.
- Best way possible to get charitable donations directly to those in need.
- The Wichita Eagle donates ad space and runs daily stories, which can be found on the right side of this page, on families in need.
- The Wichita Community Foundation handles all donations and issues receipts to all who contribute.
- STS works in the best possible way, reaching those in need and encouraging our community to be charitable.
- Program began in 2000, raising $72,069.59 and helping 100 families the first year.
- Total, 2,700 families have been helped with $2.1 million in donated funds since its inception!
Applications for the 2014 Share the Season program are now closed. Please contact The Salvation Army at 316-263-2769 for other assistance options.