Wichita Wagonmasters Good Life Grants
Wichita Wagonmasters was formed by a group of civic-minded business executives with a single purpose: To promote and sell the good life in Wichita. The founders were not joiners, but active participants and leaders in their various vocations and avocations. The civic and social activities of the founders, and now of our total membership, are as wide and varied as the personalities of the members themselves.
Established in 2012 by the Wichita Wagonmasters, the Good Life Grants are committed to benefiting the quality of life for people in the Wichita area. The fund will serve a wide range of projects enabling more people to enjoy the good life and to promote the idea Wichita is a great place to live, work and play.
Please read and follow the directions and information provided below. Applications may be submitted by tax exempt organizations only and are due to the Wichita Community Foundation by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 2. Awards will be announced by December 31 annually.
WHAT DO WE FUND?
The Wichita Wagonmasters Good Life Grants makes gifts to nonprofit organizations that directly affect the quality of life in the Wichita, KS area. Potential grant seekers should carefully review the following detailed Grant guidelines prior to submitting a proposal.
• Programs serving the Wichita, KS area
• Programs that avoid duplication of existing services
• Programs that collaborate with or facilitate collaboration among nonprofit organizations
• Programs that suggest creative and practical approaches to community problems
• Organizations with fiscal soundness
• Organizations that leverage other funding sources when available
• Programs that exhibit measurable results
• Organizations that demonstrate present and future sustainability
• Programs that address prevention as well as remediation
• Capital equipment, improvements and construction
WHAT DO WE DECLINE?
• General support of operating budgets
• Reduction of organizational debt
• Direct lobbying or influencing of elections
• Tax-supported government functions
• Funding individuals
• Unnecessary duplication of existing services
• Fund-raising campaigns and expenses
• Beauty or talent contests
• Support of religious organizations of religious purposes
• Courtesy advertising
The Wichita Wagonmasters Good Life Grants will consider requests beginning at $250 with a maximum of $1,000. The average grant to be awarded will be $500. Requests for larger amounts may be considered under special circumstances. Applicants should contact the Wichita Community Foundation prior to submittal of requests greater than $1,000.
Applicants should be aware requests often exceed available funds and unfortunately, many worthwhile organizations may not be funded.
HOW TO APPLY
Prospective applicants are encouraged to review the guidelines carefully prior to submitting a grant.
The Director of Philanthropic Services of the Wichita Community Foundation is available at 316-264-4880 to answer questions regarding the application and how it is to be completed.
The grant request itself should be no longer than two pages, with 11-point type. Submit seven complete copies (cover page, grant request, budget page, attachments) on holed paper (no binders, no stapling) so they may easily be sorted for consideration.
2) Grant request - Answer the following questions in two pages, 11 point type:
3) Project Budget (this may be submitted on a separate page)
4) REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS
Attach these documents to all seven copies you submit as described above:
Grants are awarded following the meeting of the Wichita Wagonmasters Good Life Grants advisory board and the Wichita Community Foundation each December.
APPLICATION DEADLINES: Grant applications are due to the Wichita Community Foundation at 301 N. Main, Suite 100, Wichita, KS 67202 no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 2.